Boughton Parish Church

Saint John the Baptist

SERVICES

Every Sunday:

8am Holy Communion (BCP)

9.30am Parish Communion (Common Worship)

First consecrated some time in the 13th century AD

 

 Originally consecrated as a Chantry Chapel for Boughton Hall

and dedicated to Saint Thomas the Martyr (Saint Thomas Becket)

Notes for Visitors 2006 (download)

Today the parish church is known as Saint John the Baptist, Boughton.

The much older parish church, dedicated to Saint John the Baptist,

 was built on what is now Boughton Green as early as the eighth century AD

but was abandoned in the seventeenth century, and the spire fell in 1784.

 

The first known Rector of Boughton was Ralph, instituted some time before 1312 AD

 

Boughton Pages

 

Boughton Parish Church  -  Links

Parish Newsletter (download)

More Photographs of Boughton Church

The Victoria County History - Boughton

Stewardship and Giving

Memorial Inscriptions

The Richard Humfrey Charity

Richard Humfrey Bequest Board

Rectors of Boughton

Boughton Church Bells

Belfry news

 

 

Saint John the Baptist

 

The Martyrdom of Saint John the Baptist

Matthew 14.1-12

His birth is commemorated on 24 June: his beheading on 29 August

 Back to the Home Page